Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My thoughts on Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2.

As most of you guys know , Left 4 Dead 2 will be coming out to stores next month ( its already available for pre-purchase on steam).So in conjunction with that I present to you,My thoughts on Left 4 Dead and its sequel Left 4 Dead 2.

As we all know L4D caught the gaming world by storm last year and was quickly a favourite and thus regarded as one of the best games of 2008.Little did they know that L4D wasnt all perfect.It contained many flaws such as glitches ( so many infact that it's not funny anymore),a tendency to lag randomly and preety much all the problems its fellow popular Valve game
( CS:S) had except alot more pronounced.

It also did not incorporate the use of melee weapons in it.So from what I see,L4D 2 is preety much a giant patch for L4D with a 50$ price tag slapped onto it.(Rm 140 something in Malaysia)

The reason why I'm suddenly making this post ? Well my comrades and I were playing ZPS
( zombie panic source) and we started a 3 hour conversation regarding this soo i felt the sudden urge to make this post AND yes it is ironic that we were discussing about a different zombie game while playing a zombie game.

My verdict , Buy L4D2 if you want to.Heck even pre-purchase it if you want to.I might buy it once I know that Valve fixed all of it's problems that were faced by L4D.

I end this post with a question to you guys:

Do you think Valve intended to make L4D have so many problems just so they could get more money by releasing L4D 2 just a year later as a way to clear up these problems ?

Because they could have easily used less money to release a mass patch correcting these problems dont'cha think ? Leave your answers in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment