Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Marvel News - Ironman2 Teaser Poster and Is Tobey Maguire Unsure About Being Spiderman ?

Do I need to say anything more?
Yahoo Movies has debuted the first official Iron Man 2 poster. What is there to say besides how cool it is? Im liking the fact that we get to see War Machine in this poster.( Heck I LOVE WAR MACHINE)See the image here at this link - http://movies.yahoo.com/photos/movie-stills/gallery/1737/iron-man-2-stills

and now for the second story of the day Tobey Maguire.

The Boston Globe interviewed Spider-Man himself, Tobey Maguire recently about his upcoming film Brothers, and what do you know? The topic of Spider-Man came up.
Maguire hasn't seemed to gun-ho about reprising the role as Peter Parker, but has never really flat-out said he wasn't doing it:

“It’s not that I was reluctant,’’ he says. “For me, it’s a big process to decide whether or not to do a role. . . . I have to want to wake up in the morning and feel like I can’t wait to get to work. I’ve got to feel OK about leaving my kids for 12 or 13 hours a day for five months. It’s a big commitment.’’

Many people considered Spider-Man 3 a "not-so-great" film, and that's being nice. Maguire hopes to bring the film back to it's glory of the first two films, and also, deepen the character of Peter Parker.

“Hopefully I’ll be able to evolve the character in a new direction,’’ he says. “He’ll still be Peter Parker, but I hope I can move him forward a bit and take him to a place where there will be new challenges for me as an actor.’’

Sounds like this film will be back on the serious track, after the events that took place in Spider-Man 3. I guess that means no more dance/musical numbers (sad face). What do you hope to see in this upcoming installment, other than villains? More relationship development? Spidey delivering pizzas? Maybe even Peter revealing he's Spider-Man and dealing with himself in the public eye?

News courtesy of ComicVine.

No comments:

Post a Comment